There are many pieces to building maps and geospatial data into your sites and applications. Mapufacture Inc. has extended experience advising and building these tools. We have a number of tools we build and customized for clients, and also have worked with other open-source and proprietary systems.
We work to help you achieve your goals and to use the right tools to meet them.
- Mapufacture excels at building collaborative mapping systems, or multiple user-generated web maps. Collaborative mapping systems provide a resource for communities at organizations that want to enable discussions and create awareness. Such systems have been developed both to service public sites and private group sites. Using our powerful and widely used Mapufacture platform, we can build customized collaborative mapping systems for you to begin using immediately.
- GeoPress is a blogging tool that makes it easy for users to publish maps and geotagged information. Using the popular and stable WordPress or MovableType blogging engines, GeoPress adds an intuitive user interface for adding locations, embedding maps, and using modern, open data formats.
We can create a custom installation and configuration of GeoPress for your organization or community. Users can collaborate on a blog or each have their own individual blogs.
- Not everyone wants to always see a “Google Map”. Mapstraction makes it possible for you or your users to choose the mapping system that is appropriate for them. This can be based on the terms of service for your application, quality of data for your region of interest, or even just stylistic preferences.
Mapstraction currently supports Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, MapQuest, Map24, MultiMap, OpenLayers, OpenStreetMap and FreeEarth.
- WorldKit is a widely used Flash mapping system developed by our founders. It provided one of the first open platforms for putting dynamic, usable maps on the web.
- In addition to these tools, Mapufacture is proudly involved in contributing to open-source tools and libraries. Together these comprise all the pieces you need to build your mapping site.